Thursday, May 22, 2014

OCC Watercolor Class Butterfly Card with inky background


I wanted to show you a card I made for OCC Watercolor Class.  I first used an acrylic block swiping versa mark ink around the outside (Jennifer McGuire says this helps hold the watery ink onto the block). I then added distress ink to that on this card I used peacock feathers (my all time favorite) and chipped sapphire.  This gave me a nice background to add the butterflies to.  I then added distress ink markers directly to the wood mount rubber stamp.  Spritzed lightly and stamped on the butterfly giving it a few minutes to sink into the watercolor paper before lifting off. I did mask off the top butterfly a little on the bottom to make the second butterfly appear to be behind the first.  Then I lightly penciled in the word Congrats erased a little where it might be too bold (didn't really need to do that since I was writing in black marker).  I wanted to try this technique so I did then I copied over the Congrats with black marker.  I am not in love with the way I wrote Congrats it was a little wonky but it will remain none-the-less.





Give these techniques a try and sign up for the OCC Watercolor Class it really has a ton of tips and well worth the money!

~May God bless your day and thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I so appreciate any comments or constructive criticism! God bless you abundantly!