Friday, November 15, 2013

Online Card Classes Holiday Card Workshop (HCW) Day 1 Card One

I have had so much fun taking this class since they give you a day in between inspiration for creation! YAY!!! So I have been wanting to get out my distress paint and alcohol inks and play again so I went to town on some journal size cards (3x4) that I will be using some in my version of Project life and maybe adding some to cards for a quickie. (I love to make a batch of things and then make something super quick when I need it, that way it is easier to personalize them.) So for Day 1 I was able to use my cricut to die cut so I could use the cut and the negative space which was one of the examples for class today. First I used picket fence with a little silver alcohol ink to make a resist on the glossy paper to look like snow. Then I used chipped sapphire and salty ocean distress paints on the surface over those. The flakes were a bit muted so I added a few more on top after the paint dried. Then I used my SCAL (Sure Cuts a lot) software for the cricut and designed the Joy, Love, peace with the snowflake connecting them. When I used the negative space I used stickles on this to add in the extras to make the word stand out better. I also traced around the inside, not so sure I like it better now but it is done might not do that on the next time around though...What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I so appreciate any comments or constructive criticism! God bless you abundantly!