Sunday, November 17, 2013

Online Card Classes Holiday Card Workshop (HCW) Day 2

I decided to try the Layered Die-Cut Inlay that Jennifer McGuire showed us in Day 2 (if you are not following along you are missing out go purchase the class and join me~ if you already have you know just how awesome it truly is!!!) I made a layer of a Christmas scene in SCAL and like Jennifer said I cut the top level first, removed and continued down the layer. I made some mistakes that I changed in my second card but there was one problem in that card too that if you check out my next post you will see and hear about it there... The santa and reindeer I colored with distress markers and also the 3 trees and then put rock candy stickles on top of the trees and on the ground for a frosty look. I wanted this to look more like snow and since it didn't I put Viva Decor white pearl pen on the edges and then more on the darker tree. I used stickles for the ornaments on the tree look. I was so excited to start placing my die cuts in that I forgot to color the background first and had to use the distress ink with the blending tool with chipped sapphire and salty ocean.
Then I decided to add an eye with Viva Decor black pearl pen and a red nose with ruby slippers stickles.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for stopping by. I so appreciate any comments or constructive criticism! God bless you abundantly!